The CSRA’s Most Advanced Pediatric Emergency Department
When your child needs emergency medicine and care, depend on the Pediatric Emergency Department at Children's Hospital of Georgia, the only pediatric tertiary care referral hospital in the Central Savannah River Area. We are open 24/7 to serve your needs anytime an injury may occur.
Our 13-bed pediatric emergency department provides easy access to pediatric emergency physicians and other pediatric specialists and surgeons.
In addition, we offer:
- A child-friendly environment designed exclusively for children with comfort, safety and pain control in mind
- A neonatal transport team
- A pediatric transport team
- A team of double boarded-certified pediatric emergency physicians
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with treatment
- Close coordination with Children’s Hospital of Georgia's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and inpatient intensivist physicians
- Easy access to pediatric pulmonologists, cardiologists, surgeons and other specialists
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Pediatric emergency physicians who can provide online radio support and advice for patients who need intervention during transport
- Pediatric nurses with Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications
- The area’s only Level IV (highest level) Pediatric Trauma Unit with a staff trained to care for pediatric trauma patients and easy access to pediatric surgeons and anesthesiologists
Meet Our Pediatric Emergency Department Physicians
Directions and Address
The Pediatric Emergency Department is adjacent to Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Main Emergency Department at 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA. Just follow the signs.
For more information, please call 706-721-7337 (PEDS).