The CSRA’s Most Advanced Pediatric Emergency Department
When your child needs emergency medicine and care, depend on the Pediatric Emergency Department at Children's Hospital of Georgia, the only pediatric care referral hospital in the Central Savannah River Area. We serve over 28,000 pediatric patients each year.
We are open 24/7 to serve your needs anytime an injury may occur. Call to speak with our pediatric specialists 706-721-7337 (PEDS).
Our 16-bed pediatric emergency department provides easy access to pediatric emergency physicians and other pediatric specialists and surgeons.
In addition, we offer:
- A child-friendly environment designed exclusively for children with comfort, safety and pain control in mind
- A neonatal transport team
- A pediatric transport team
- A team of double boarded-certified pediatric emergency physicians
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with treatment
- Close coordination with Children’s Hospital of Georgia's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and inpatient intensivist physicians
- Easy access to pediatric pulmonologists, cardiologists, surgeons and other specialists
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Pediatric emergency physicians who can provide online radio support and advice for patients who need intervention during transport
- Pediatric nurses with Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications
- A Pediatric Trauma Unit with a staff trained to care for pediatric trauma patients and easy access to pediatric surgeons and anesthesiologists
Meet Our Pediatric Emergency Department Physicians
Directions and Address
The Pediatric Emergency Department is located within Children's Hospital of Georgia located at 1446 Harper Street. We are located adjacent to Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Main Emergency Department at 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA. Just follow the signs.
For more information, please call 706-721-7337 (PEDS).