Set the Stage for Healthy Aging with The Area’s Only Perimenopause and Menopause Program
For women, menopause is a wake-up call. It’s a time to get serious about your health if you haven’t already done so.
Yet many women don’t realize that perimenopause, or the years leading up to menopause, often begins in the 40s and can last an average of four years. Most women who experience hot flashes, trouble sleeping, mood swings and other changes during these years don’t relate them to menopause because they think they are too young. But when they occur, it’s time to schedule a mid-life checkup at Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Perimenopause and Menopause Program, the only program of its kind in the area. You’ll meet with a reproductive endocrinologist who will help you through this difficult time by:
- Providing a holistic assessment of your health
- Answering your questions related to menopause and healthy aging
- Helping you manage the symptoms of menopause
- Discussing preventive approaches to osteoporosis, heart disease, breast health, stress and incontinence
- Referring you to other specialists, if needed
To schedule an appointment, call (706) 721-2273 (CARE) or 800-736-CARE (2273) now.