Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
Since 1968, Georgia Regents Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia has performed over 2400 kidney and kidney/pancreas transplants. We provide transplant care to patients in Georgia, South Carolina, and throughout the southeast.
As a leader in patient- and family-centered care, our dedicated multi-disciplinary team recognizes the special needs patients requiring a kidney or kidney/pancreas transplant. We understand that living with a transplant may affect patients’ lifestyles in many ways. We endeavor to help patients resume many of their former activities and encourage them to maximize their quality of life.
GRHealth Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program:
- Performed its first transplant on August 28, 1968
- Provides services for adult and pediatric patients
- Participates in kidney paired donation programs
- Is the only kidney transplant center in Georgia outside of Atlanta
- Offers satellite clinic locations for pre-transplant evaluation testing and post-transplant follow-up care
- Employs a full-time fundraising coordinator to assist patients in developing financial plans for post-transplant medication costs
- Participates in consistent patient outreach efforts in Georgia and South Carolina
Recognized for Kidney Transplantation Excellence
GRHealth is one of only ten kidney transplant programs to be recognized by HealthGrades in 2010 and receive the Kidney Transplant Excellence Award, and one of 20 nationwide to receive a 2011 HealthGrades Transplant Excellence Award.
For more information about Kidney and Pancreas Transplant services at GRHealth, call 706-721-2888 or 1-800-736-2273, ext 2888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.