Our occupational therapy (OT) department offers expertise in the areas of activities of daily living across the age spectrum. Our therapists evaluate and treat infants, children adults and geriatric adults who have physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, cognitive problems and/or psychological issues that limit their ability to efficiently complete their work, school, self-care and play/leisure activities. This list can include:
- People with work related injuries
- People who have had stroke or other neurology incident
- People with arthritis, multiple sclerosis or other serious illness
- Children with birth injuries, learning problems or developmental disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- People with substance abuse problems
- People with burns, spinal cord injuries or amputations
Occupational therapists take referrals from community physicians as well as continue a close working relationship with physicians at the Georgia Regents Medical Center. We serve Georgia Regents Medical Center and the community by providing quality patient care and education of families, patients and students. The overall goal of occupational therapy is to have each person functioning at their highest level of independence in completing the activities needed to live productive lives.
Our occupational therapists provide 7 day/week coverage for pediatric and adult inpatients. Outpatient services are provided Monday through Friday starting at 7:30 until 5:00. Our adult therapists can be reached at 721-2481 and our pediatric therapists can be reached at 706-721-5222.
More Info: American Occupational Therapy Association
For appointments, referrals or more information, please call:
(706) 721-2273 (CARE)
Request an appointment online.