Trained Speech Pathologists to Improve Your Child’s Speech
Without effective communications skills, children have trouble at home, in school and in the daily lives. To foster effective communication, it’s important to identify and treat speech development and voice problems as early as possibly. Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s speech pathologists provide individualized evaluation and treatments to help children with language problems or delays, hearing loss, stuttering, resonance issues, swallowing problems and other speech issues. The department offers:
- Skilled and experienced speech pathologists who specialize in caring for children
- Auditory processing assessments and treatment for disorders affecting language development and reading/academic performance
- A speech pathology lab to diagnose speech, voice and resonance disorders including hypernasality, hyponasality, hoarseness and unclear speech in children with cleft lip and palate, neurological disorder, brain injuries, head and neck disorders and other conditions
- Quick and easy referrals to pediatric physicians in virtually every specialty
- Treatments for stuttering
- A voice clinic
- Computerized biofeedback for voice and resonance therapy
- Therapeutic feeding and swallowing assessments and therapy as well as therapy to correct reversed swallowing patterns
- Augmentative communication assessments and training
- Treatment for speech problems related to pervasive developmental disorders such as autism and Asperger’s syndrome
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) for more information or to speak to a member of our care team.
Pediatric Audiology is located on the 2nd floor of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia on Harper Street.