The Augusta, Georgia Region’s Only Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization Suite
Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Children's Hospital of Georgia operates the only Pediatric Hybrid Cardiac Catheterization Suite in the Augusta, Georgia region. This facility offers both diagnostic and therapeutic pediatric catheterizations to children—from newborns to age 21.
What is a Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization?
During the pediatric cardiac catheterization procedure, a thin flexible tube (or catheter) is inserted into a vein or artery and guided to the heart. This helps physicians identify the type and severity of pediatric heart defect, pinpoint the location and possibly perform interventional procedures to treat heart defects without open heart surgery.
Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization Suite Features
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed just for children. Take a virtual tour of our new Pediatric Hybrid Catheterization Lab!
- Staffed by specially trained cardiac catheterization technologists and nurses
- Staffed with diagnostic and interventional pediatric cardiologists
- Supported by Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with treatment
- Supported by pediatric anesthesiologists
- The only facility of its kind in the region with hybrid technology that allows physicians to perform certain surgical procedures in the suite rather than having to move pediatric patients to the operating room or schedule surgeries at a later date
Meet Our Pediatric Cardiologists
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric cardiac catheterization suite team.