Cardiovascular Center of Excellence Patient Advisory Council
The Cardiovascular Center of Excellence (COE) consists of the outpatient Cardiovascular Center, the Adult Cath and EP Labs, the Adult Echo and EKG Labs, Cardiac Rehab and the inpatient units 6 North, 6 South and 6 CCU. The COE Patient Advisory Council is a collaborative effort between inpatient nursing, diagnostic lab leadership, outpatient Cardiovascular Center staff, faculty and patient advisors.
The mission of the COE Patient Advisory Council is to improve quality of care, efficiency of care, and the physical environment. Council members (patients, staff and faculty) meet quarterly to discuss successes and challenges and collaborate to resolve issues and improve processes. Patient advisors are an integral part of renovation and building projects, patient education initiatives, etc., and assist faculty and staff in developing patient and family centered processes in all areas of the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence.
Cardiovascular Center for Excellence Home Page
Practice Site Manager II Administrative Support - Cardiology
Projects and Accomplishments
- The design of the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence and renovations
- Teaching video for patients undergoing Cath and EP procedures
- Curtains for privacy
- Recognition slips to help staff identify patients
- Flat Screen TV for waiting room
- Updates on appointment delays
- Magazines and puzzles for waiting room and exam rooms
- Input on new patient letter being created
- Input on a rapid response survey routinely used to assess new initiatives in the Cardiovascular Center