Diagnosing Thyroid Disorders and Parathyroid Disorders at Georgia Regents Medical Center
The first step in treating thyroid problems or parathyroid problems is an accurate diagnosis by a skilled endocrinologist. This may require a clinical evaluation, blood tests, imaging tests and a biopsy.
The Thyroid and Parathyroid Center in Augusta, Georgia, offers a full range of diagnostic tests for thyroid conditions, including:
- A clinical evaluation by an endocrinologist who is highly trained and experienced in diagnosing disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid
- Thyroid Function Testing, a blood test that helps endocrinologists determine how effectively your thyroid gland is working
- Diagnostic in-office ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsy in which ultrasound technology is used to position a needle into the nodule. This ensures that the thyroid or parathyroid tissue sample is taken from the suspicious area.
- Sestamibi scans, which use radioactive die to determine which parathyroid gland is overactive and requires surgery
Don’t let thyroid problems or parathyroid problems undermine your health. Call Thyroid and Parathyroid Center at 706-721-4400 for more information or schedule an appointment online.