Paving the Way for Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Endonasal Skull Base Surgery in Augusta, Georgia
Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Skull Base Surgery Center in Augusta, Georgia, offers minimally invasive endoscopic endonasal surgery to Georgia and South Carolina patients, as well as to patients in the Southeast.
As the first in Georgia to offer complete endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery, this revolutionary new procedure for removing skull base tumors:
- Lets patients avoid incisions, scarring and brain trauma
- Results in shorter hospital stays and recovery times
- Allows surgeons to operate on tumors that may have once been inoperable
- Offers surgeons better visualization for more precise surgery
Endoscopic Endonasal Approach to Skull Base Surgery at Georgia Regents Medical Center
Traditional skull base surgeries require the complete opening of the skull and pulling the brain back during surgery, often resulting in long hospital stays, lengthy recoveries and brain trauma.
Georgia Regents Medical Center’s endoscopic endonasal approach to skull base surgery is performed by using fiber optic lenses with working channels through which tiny instruments are deployed through the nasal cavity into the skull base. The procedure requires no incision and is minimally invasive.
Georgia Regents Medical Center…Leading the Way With Endoscopic Endonasal Skull Base Surgery
Performed by Georgia Regents Medical Center’s experienced skull base surgery team, endoscopic endonasal surgery may be appropriate for the following types of tumors in patients:
- Pituitary adenomas, or tumors of the pituitary gland
- Meningioma, benign tumors that begin in the membranes covering the brain
- Paranasal sinus tumors, tumors in the nose or sinuses
- Esthesioneuroblastoma, or olfactory neuroblastoma, a rare cancer in the upper region of the nasal cavity
- Chordomas, benign tumors in the base of the skull and lower portion of the spine
- Orbital tumors
- Metastatic tumors that have spread to other locations away from the primary tumor
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-6100 to arrange a referral with a surgeon who specializes in skull base care.