Sports Medicine for the Active Athlete in All of Us
Maybe you’re a weekend warrior who is active only occasionally. Perhaps you’re a dedicated athlete with a serious training schedule. Or maybe your job requires you to be on your feet, climbing or lifting all day long.
As the region’s only comprehensive sports medicine clinic, GRHealth Sports Medicine is a leader in preventing and treating sports-related injuries for the active athlete in all of us. When we say we are comprehensive, we mean just that. We provide:
- A full staff of board-certified and fellowship-trained sports medicine specialists, including orthopaedic surgeons, primary care physicians and physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
- The area’s largest team of certified athletic trainers, working with professional and student athletes on the field and in the clinic
- Licensed sports physical therapists
- Easy, onsite access to a vast array of subspecialists for sports injury-related issues, including eye specialists, plastic surgeons, oral surgeons, cardiologists, neurologists and more
- A state-of-the-art rehabilitation center
- Two convenient locations
The Region’s Best Athletes Trust Us for Their Care
The GreenJackets. The Jaguars. The Augusta Ballet. Ironmen from around the world. What do they have in common?
They asked GRHealth Sports Medicine to be their official health care provider for event and team coverage of athletes on the field, on stage or on the court.
Treatments and Programs
At GRHealth Sports Medicine, our focus is as much on prevention as it is treatment, whether you have a complex, multi-ligament knee injury or a simple sprain or strain.
Our programs focus on keeping you healthy and active:
- Regional concussion center to provide education, prevent and treat concussions.
- Athlete’s heart program. Together with GRHealth cardiologists, we provide screening and care to catch and treat heart problems in athletes before there’s a problem.
- Runner’s clinic. We focus on gait and mechanics and also assist with fit and maintenance of the proper shoe to help prevent injury.
- Golf injury prevention and rehabilitation, with our Titleist-certified golf rehabilitation specialists.
- Fall Sports Injury Clinic to treat your child’s non-emergent sports injuries on Saturdays through November 7, 2015.
We also offer:
- A full range of traditional and innovative arthroscopic surgery for every type of injury
- Advanced fixation for broken bones
- Injections and aspirations to relieve pain and inflammation for acute or chronic injuries
- Prescriptions for bracing, orthotics and medications
- Physical therapy within an onsite, state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility
- Care coordination. We make sure you see the right specialists for your complex injury, and we work together on your case.
- Certified athletic trainers working with student and professional athletes, providing health care, prevention education and assessing readiness-to-play, both on the field and off
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment or call 706-721-PLAY (7529) to speak to a member of our sports medicine CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.
For your convenience, we see patients at our West Wheeler Road location or at GRHealth Sports Medicine.