Comprehensive Care for Hands, Wrists and Elbows
You do so much with your hands. So when you have problems with your hands, wrists or elbows, it makes sense to go to the area’s leading hand specialist.
At Georgia Regents Medical Center, our board-certified and fellowship-trained hand surgeon focuses specifically on injuries and disorders of the hands, wrists and elbows. Our practice offers leading-edge treatments and care not available at other centers—from the simplest to the most complex conditions.
Although we are surgeons, we believe in exploring conservative treatments first before considering surgery. Our nonsurgical options include:
- Injections to help reduce inflammation and pain for trigger finger, tendonitis and other minor conditions.
- Occupational therapy specifically for the hand, wrist and elbow, designed to reduce pain and improve flexion and range of motion.
- Xiaflex injections for Dupuytren’s contracture. We are the only practice in the area to offer this enzyme injection, which relieves the hand contractions common in this genetic disorder and is an alternative to major surgery.
If you need surgery, we effectively evaluate your condition to offer an individualized surgical solution. Often the simplest procedure can boost your quality of life. And as the area’s only Level I (highest level) trauma center, we provide care after a severe accident or injury, offering the most complex hand reconstruction.
- Tendon transfer.
- Nerve repair, using microsurgery.
- Total elbow and other joint replacement. Our practice commonly performs these complex procedures, caused by arthritis of the elbow and other joints of the hands and wrists.
- Wrist fusions and other surgeries for arthritis, including the thumb. These surgical procedures can provide tremendous improvement in painful arthritic conditions.
- Carpal tunnel.
- “Aging”-related issues. Many of these issues are not related to simple aging and can be easily repaired with a simple surgery, including numbness and tingling, and night pain.
Schedule an Appointment Now
Schedule an online appointment now or call 706-721-2741 to speak to a member of our CARE team. We also offer same-day appointments for emergencies.
For your convenience, we see patients at our West Wheeler Road location or at the downtown GRHealth orthopedic clinic.