Georgia Regents Medical Center Becomes First Hospital in Georgia to Earn Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center Status
This advanced care designation by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organization offers tremendous advantages for the most severe stroke and cerebrovascular patients.
The experts in the Georgia Regents Medical Center Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center deliver skilled, responsive stroke care that can save lives and prevent disabilities. Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the program is staffed by nationally renowned stroke specialists.
Georgia Regents Medical Center, located in the heart of the Stroke Belt, also recently received the Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
A stroke, or “brain attack,” can change your life in an instant, especially if you don’t get a fast, accurate diagnosis and targeted care. As a Center of Excellence and one of the premiere stroke facilities in the Southeast, the Georgia Regents Medical Center Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center offers state of the art medical care to stroke patients, both at our facility in Augusta, Georgia and remotely though REACH, our nationally recognized stroke telemedicine program.
The Primary Stroke Center at Georgia Health Sciences Medical Center has been named to the Target: Stroke Honor Roll by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for excellence in emergency stroke care.
Georgia Regents Medical Center Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center Offers:
- Advanced technology, including a state-of-the-art angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the brain
- Specialized stroke care by a team of stroke specialists who collaborate with one another and other caregivers
- The area’s only interventional care to prevent and treat strokes
- Fast, accurate and leading-edge Emergency Department care
- REACH Call, a nationally recognized telemedicine program developed by Georgia Regents Medical Center neurologists that connects Georgia Regents Medical Center specialists to participating rural hospitals 24/7
- Endovascular care, including embolization for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Surgical removal of plaque and carotid artery stenting
- Open vascular surgery for ruptured aneurysms and brain vascular malformations
- Nationally renowned neurosurgeons that are dual trained in both open and endovascular techniques
- Revascularization procedures for diseases like moyamoya or sickle cell vasculopathy
- Gamma knife treatment for brain vascular malformations
- A Neurocritical Care Unit supervised by neurologists and neurosurgeons
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services by skilled physical, speech and occupational therapists
- Support services by caring medical social workers, licensed dietitians, psychologists and neuropsychologists
- Preventive and educational outreach services
If you have any questions about the Stroke Program at Georgia Regents Medical Center, we invite you to call and speak with our compassionate stroke team at 706-721-1691.
If you have questions about a pain management appointment or need a physician referral to Georgia Regents Medical Center pain management surgical services, please call us directly at 706- 721-3071.
Request an online appointment now or call our Scheduling Center today at 706-721-4581 or toll free at 800-736-CARE (2273).
For prescription refills, please call 706-823-6377.