Pediatric Neurological Care Specialists and Neurosurgeons in Augusta, Georgia
The Georgia Regents Neuroscience Center of Excellence in Augusta, Georgia, staffs the largest, most diverse neuroscience pediatric team in the area, including nationally renowned experts in stroke, functional and cerebrovascular neurosurgery and complex spine surgeries. This allows us to deliver advanced neuroscience care not available at other area hospitals and makes Georgia Regents Medical Center a regional referral center for complex neurological care and surgery.
Children's Hospital of Georgia is the only children’s hospital in the area that delivers top-rated pediatric neurological care for children with acute and chronic neurological and developmental disorders as well as neurodegenerative and metabolic disorders.
Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Pediatric Neuroscience Program offers:
- A staff of highly skilled and experienced pediatric neurologists, pediatric and subspecialist neurosurgeons, epileptologists and neuropsychologists armed with advanced technology
- Diagnosis and care for neuromuscular diseases and developmental disorders
- A full range of leading-edge diagnostic tests and treatments including a state-of-the-art biplane angiography suite to identify and treat problems with blood vessels in the brain
- Diagnosis and care for autism
- Diagnosis, monitoring and care for epilepsy
- A brain tumor program
- Stroke care and surgery
- Pediatric neuropsychology services
- Sleep studies and treatments for sleep disorders
- The Georgia Regents Medical Center Gamma Knife Center for performing radiosurgery on operable and inoperable brain tumors and other disorders
- An electroencephalography lab for diagnosing epilepsy and other neurological disorders
- An electromyography lab, to record the electrical activities of muscles and help diagnose many neurological conditions
- A neurosonology lab using Ultrasound technology to help diagnose neurological disorders
- Patient Family Centered Care
- On-going research
- Access to all the resources of the Children's Medical Center
Request an online appointment now or call our Scheduling Center today at 706-721-4581 or toll free at 800-736-CARE (2273).
For prescription refills or test results, please call 706-823-6377.