Comprehensive Kidney Care for Infants, Children and Adolescents by Pediatric Nephrologists
The Pediatric Nephrology Department at Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, GA offers comprehensive care for acute and chronic kidney disorders or damage to the kidneys in children from newborns to age 21.
The program also helps patients manage end-stage renal failure and delivers dialysis and both before and after kidney transplant services in an environment designed just for kids within the Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program.
Pediatric Nephrology Department Features:
- Augusta, Georgia’s only board-certified pediatric nephrologists, a pediatric kidney transplant surgeon and other pediatric specialists to treat the complications of kidney disease
- Care and management of hypertension, chronic renal insufficiency, nephritic syndrome, fluid electrolyte imbalances, reflux or other diseases or damage to the kidneys
- Pre- and post-operative care for end-stage renal failure
- Pediatric dialysis (hemodialysis and periponeal dialysis in acute and chronic patients) Children’s Hospital of Georgia is one of only two hospitals offering pediatric dialysis in Georgia.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring, to measure a child’s blood pressure over a 24-hour period
- Registered dieticians, medical social workers and Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with treatment
- A full range of in-house diagnostic services
- Patient Family Centered Care
- Camp Independence, a camp for children with kidney disease
- Changing Lives, a fundraising organization for children with kidney disease
Directions and Address
Our pediatric nephrology department is located at:
Medical Office Building
1447 Harper Street
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric nephrology team.