Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Medicare and many insurance companies cover most of the cost of cardiac rehabilitation, but a physician's referral is required. For more information, to tour our Wellness Center, or for a staff member to contact your physician about a referral, please call 706-721-9055.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is based at our on-campus Wellness Center, with easy access and convenient parking.
Taking an active role in a safe, medically supervised exercise program such as cardiac rehabilitation can help patients with heart disease:
- Speed recovery after heart attack
- Improve their overall health
- Reduce the risk of future heart problems
What Makes Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program Different?
- A board-certified physician who works directly in the center, something no other area cardiac rehab center offers
- An exercise physiologist who will design an individual exercise plan for you
- A registered nurse specializing in cardiac care who will monitor your heart as you exercise
- Advanced exercise equipment and an indoor walking track
- Classes on smoking cessation, stress management, heart-healthy eating and blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes control
- Monthly updates to your referring physician
- A built-in support group of others affected by heart disease
- A convenient location on the Georgia Regents Medical Center campus with free street-level parking right outside the building
- Monthly Heart-to-Heart seminars
Meet Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
Dr. Preston Conger