Heart and Vascular Surgery
Only Georgia Regents Medical Center offers a comprehensive focus on preventive heart care, backed by an academic health center and the most advanced team of specialists and the latest technology.
With a 0% mortality rate for vial and bypass surgery in 2011 as well as a 0% rate for heart valve and bypass surgery in the first half of this year, you can trust Georgia Regents Medical Center.
Our heart and vascular surgeons are highly trained, board certified specialists from renowned programs such as the Mayo Clinic and Duke University Medical Center, offering a complete range of heart and vascular surgery options for both adults and children. In fact, no other center in this area offers as wide a range of procedures as we do.
In addition, as a regional referral center, we take care of more patients with advanced stages of heart disease. Our experience means better care for you and your family, no matter your diagnosis.
We Offer More Heart and Vascular Surgery Options
Our heart surgeries include:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary artery bypass, including "off pump" beating heart surgery, which does not require stopping the heart and can offer a number of benefits for patients
- Device placement
- Mitral valve replacement and repair
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
Our vascular surgeries include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms, endovascular repair
- Carotid artery surgery, including endocardectomy to clear blockages, plus stenting
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Peripheral arterial aneurysms, endovascular repair
- Peripheral vascular disease, including bypass, angioplasty and stenting
Meet our Heart and Vascular Surgeons
Dr. M. Vinayak Kamath, chief of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
Dr. Vijay Patel, cardiothoracic surgeon
Dr. Gautam Agarwal, vascular surgeon