Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s new pediatrician-to-pediatrician patient admitting service. Now, community pediatricians have only ONE number to call to reach the admitting general pediatrician at Children’s Hospital of Georgia. We will then handle all aspects of the admission, removing layers of procedures and red tape and making the process easier and faster for you, your patients and their families.
Here's how First Contact works:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call 706-721-3898. Your call will be forwarded to the Admitting General Pediatrician.
- The Admitting General Pediatrician will accept your patient for admission.
- Patients and families should be directed to the Children’s Hospital of Georgia Emergency Department. After a brief assessment by a pediatric emergency medicine physician to assess for any change in medical status, they will be escorted to the patient’s room. Visit grhealth.org/kidsED for a printable map.
- Please fax the patient’s insurance information to the First Contact operator at 706-721-5606.
- Once your patient is admitted, the Admitting General Pediatrician will provide follow-up information to you as needed.
- After hours, Saturday, Sunday and holidays: Continue to call the Emergency Communication Center at 706-721-5600.
It’s that simple. No more waiting on the phone. No more red tape and forms. Just one easy call gets your patient admitted to the area’s only children’s hospital.
First Contact Reference numbers
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After hours, Saturday, Sunday and holidays
The Area’s Only Children’s Hospital
Being admitted to the hospital can be frightening for children and their families. As a physician, you know how important it is to choose a hospital that understands the special needs of children and is staffed and equipped to meet these needs.
Children’s Hospital of Georgia is the only facility in the area dedicated exclusively to children. It staffs the largest team of pediatric specialists in the region who care for everything from common childhood illnesses to life-threatening conditions such as cancer, heart disorders and neurological diseases.
Let First Contact help when you have a child who needs to be admitted to Children’s Hospital of Georgia. We’re here to make the process easier for you, your staff . . . but most importantly, for your patients and their families.
First Visit information for Pediatric Neurology.
Children’s Hospital of Georgia
1446 Harper Street
Augusta, GA 30912