Family Medicine Practice Site
Welcome New Patients
We welcome you as a new patient to Family Medicine Practice Site. To ensure that your first visit is as smooth and worry-free as possible, we have provided some useful information and recommendations below.
Please see the maps and directions for driving directions to Georgia Regents Medical Center, tips for parking and directions for locating the practice site once you've arrived.
Tips for your physician visit - please:
- Allow plenty of extra time to arrive for your appointment. Arriving 15 minutes before your first visit is always a good idea.
- Bring a complete list of your current medications and dosage with you to your appointment. For your convenience, a downloadable Medication Form is available here. Simply print the form, fill in your list of current medications and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Bring a list of your known allergies.
- Bring your insurance, Medicare or Medicaid cards.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring proof of residency.
- Co-pays are expected at the time of appointment.
- Overnight bag if you are expecting to get admitted.
- If you are going in for surgery you might not be able to eat or drink beforehand.
- Parking for patients is in the 15th Street Parking Deck.
Important phone numbers:
- Emergency Room:706-721-4951
- 7S (Medical): 706-721-1584
- 5W (General Medicine): 706-721-2472
- 6N: 706-721-6622
- 6S: 706-721-2648
- 4W (Orthopaedics): 706-721-3264
- 7W (OB): 706-721-2488
- 7W (Labor & Delivery): 706-721-2687
- Pastoral Care: 706-721-2929
An advanced directive is a document in which patients can explain the type and extent of health care services they prefer if they become unable to make medical decisions. The document may identify another person who can make those decisions on behalf of the individual. Such medical care could include routine treatments and life-saving methods. Advance directives are frequently called living wills.