About our Practice
Expert Care in Augusta, GA
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Family Medicine Center (FMC) is the largest single point of comprehensive primary care services at Georgia Regents Medical Center. The FMC is the area's only NCQA recognized Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home, which incorporates principles similar to the patient and family centered care concept. Translation services are available for a variety of languages and several Family Medicine faculty physicians are fluent in Spanish.
This large primary care faculty practice consists of an interprofessional team of providers consisting of physicians from Georgia Regents University's (GRU) Department of Family Medicine, Physician Assistants from the GRU's College of Allied Health Sciences and an Advanced Practice Nurse from GRU's College of Nursing. Concurrent with this faculty practice is a family medicine residency program supervised by physician providers of the faculty practice which further extends available access of patients to clinical services.
Types Of Care Provided
- Acute Care: Same-day and next-day visits are available by appointment. A FMC faculty physician is available for medical urgencies and emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.
- Hospital Care: If hospitalization is required, patients are provided care by the FMC in-patient team.
- Preventive Care: The FMC offers comprehensive health assessments for the entire family to include well-baby, well-child, adult, sports and school pre-participation, well-woman exams, and health behavior counseling. These assessments include child and adult immunization management; skin, colorectal and breast cancer screening; and other evaluations.
- Chronic Disease Evaluation and Management: The FMC provides management of chronic diseases, such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia, asthma and osteoarthritis and engages patients in self-management activities.
- Procedures: The FMC provides audiology and pulmonary function testing and EKG services.
- Click here for a complete list of procedures.
- Perinatal, Women, and Child Services: The FMC provides prenatal, OB, newborn, routine well-baby and child services with several physician providers emphasizing comprehensive women's health services.
- Laboratory: An on-site laboratory provides phlebotomy services and performs routine office-based studies with immediate access to the hospital laboratory for more extensive testing.
- Chronic Disease Management
- Sports Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Student Health
- Family Medicine Obstetrical Care
- Women’s Health
- Pediatric Care
- Wellness/Preventative Services