Why Cosmetic Dermatology
Cosmetic Dermatology is a simple, easy solution to problems involving sun damage, wrinkles and overall signs of ageing. Unlike spa treatments, our procedures are performed in a clinical setting by highly skilled, board-certified dermatologists. We are confident we can help you look and feel more relaxed, radiant, and youthful. It is our specialty.
We are pleased to offer the following procedures:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®
These injectables are made from a highly purified protein that, when administered by a trained physician, can smooth out wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet), furrows between the eyebrows and forehead, “smile lines” around the mouth, and lines on the neck. BOTOX® and Dysport® work by relaxing the surrounding muscles in the face, which not only works to correct wrinkles and fine lines, but helps prevent them from deepening further.
- Restylane® and Juvederm® are hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers used to smooth facial wrinkles and enhance and restore volume to facial areas like the lips, cheeks, nasolabial folds, marionette lines and tear troughs. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in our skin and helps to provide fullness and elasticity.
- Radiesse® is an FDA-approved wrinkle treatment comprised of calcium based microspheres. Radiesse® is different than most facial fillers because in addition to correcting facial lines, it stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen. Because collagen diminishes with age, Radiesse® helps reverse the effects of aging. Radiesse® is an ideal product for volumizing deeper lines and folds in the lower face, cheeks, temples and hands. It should not be used in the lips or under the eyes.
- Vbeam® Laser Treatments
- Telangiectasias (facial veins)
- Cherry Angiomas (red spots)
- Lentigines (brown spots, sun spots, age spots)
- Red Scars
- Red Stretch Marks
- Port Wine Stains (red birthmarks)
- LightSheer Diode Laser for Hair Removal
Remove unwanted hair on areas such as face, neck, underarms and bikini.
- Photodynamic Photorejuvenation
Photodynamic therapy [PDT] is a powerful rejuvenative technique that stimulates collagen, improves tone and pigmentation, and enhances texture with a smoother feel. In PDT, a solution called Levulan is applied to the skin and allowed to incubate for one hour, after which the Vbeam pulsed dye laser and blue light are used to activate it. Following treatment, strict sun avoidance is necessary for 48 hours. A series of 2 to 3 treatments is usually recommended.
- Chemical Peels
An easy, affordable way to keep your skin looking its best. Our peels help improve acne, fine lines, discoloration and sun damage. Light peels require minimal downtime and exfoliate the top layer of skin cells, revealing a brighter, smoother complexion. Deeper peels require more downtime, but are an excellent procedure for improving pigmentation, fine lines, texture and tone.
- Removal of unwanted:
- Seborrheic Keratoses
- Skin Tags
- Milia (tiny white bumps)
- Benign Moles
- LATISSE® for Lashes
Increase eyelash growth, including length, thickness, and darkness. Application of LATISSE® is easy and applied only once a day to the upper eyelid/lash margin. Irritation is rare. Results can be seen as early as 4 weeks, but are maximal at 16 weeks. One bottle lasts approximately 2 months.
To make an appointment with our cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Joseph Myers, please call 706-721-3291.