Pediatric Heart Surgery by Skilled Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeons at Georgia Regents Medical Center
Many children with congenital or acquired pediatric heart defects need surgery within the first few years of life.
The pediatric cardiologists and cardiac surgeons at Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, perform hundreds of pediatric cardiothoracic procedures each year on children from birth to age 21.
Pediatric Heart Surgery Department Features
- Multidisciplinary care by a pediatric cardiac surgeon supported by pediatric cardiologists, neonatologists, cardiac intensivists, anesthesiologists, pulmonologists, respiratory therapists, nurses, and other caregivers
- A full range of in-house diagnostic tests and a state-of-the-art pediatric catheterization lab
- Comprehensive care for septal defects (ASD, VSD and more complicated TOF), patent ductus arteriosus, hypoplastic left heart syndrome, aortic valve disease, aortic abnormalities and other simple and complex congenital or acquired heart defects
- Comprehensive care outside of the usual age groups for young adults with congenital heart disease requiring complicated operative repairs
- Implantation of pacemakers, internal automated cardioverter defibrillators and heart valves
- Management of trauma to the heart, arteries and organs
- Minimally invasive surgeries, when possible
- A Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), both with wireless telemetry monitoring and staffed by neonatologists and intensivists
- A NICU Transport Team and a PICU Transport Team
- The region’s only Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) technology and specialists to keep the hearts and lungs of critically ill children working while a child heals with special ECPR techniques
- Child Life Specialists, to help children understand and cope with care
- Patient Family Centered Care
Directions and Address
Children’s Hospital of Georgia
1120 15th Street, 2nd floor
Augusta, GA, 30912
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437)
or toll free at 706-721-0982 to speak to a member of our pediatric heart surgery team.