The Augusta, Georgia Area’s Only Accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center
The Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Center at Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, offers high quality in- and outpatient medical care and education by pediatric pulmonologists for children with cystic fibrosis (CF).
The Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Center is one of only two facilities in Georgia accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving care and treatment. The Foundation has established clinical care guidelines to guarantee quality of care, which the Children’s Hospital of Georgia follows.
Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Center Features
- Pediatric pulmonologists who specialize in the disease and are supported by nurse practitioners, nurses and pharmacist who specialize in cystic fibrosis
- A collaborative and multidisciplinary team approach to each patient. The team includes pediatric gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, otolaryngologists, surgeons, infectious diseases specialists, genetics and physical therapist as needed.
- Pediatric respiratory therapists, dieticians and medical social workers, to assist with financial and insurance issues
- Psychologists who help cope with the impact of chronic illness
- On-going research and access to clinical trials
- Smooth transitions to Georgia Regents Medical Center’s accredited adult cystic fibrosis program
- Patient Family Center Care
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with care.
Meet Our CF Care Providers:
Find out what to expect during your child’s visit
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric pulmonology team.