Adolescent Health from Georgia Regents Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia
The teen years were once a no man’s land of medicine, with teens caught between pediatricians and adult physicians, but a relatively new specialty known as adolescent medicine has changed that.
Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, staffs physicians who are trained in adolescent medicine to understand the unique health and social issues teens and young adults face, between the ages of 11 and 21.
Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Adolescent Medicine Program Features:
- The largest team of board-certified pediatricians and adolescent medicine specialists in the area, including a physician who specializes in mind-body medicine for chronic pain management
- Quick and easy referrals to other pediatric specialists
- General health checks-up, immunizations and primary care for healthy adolescents and those with chronic illnesses
- Diagnoses and care of general medical problems and those particular to teens
- Adolescent gynecology and care for issues related to sexual health
- Emotional health monitoring and referrals to psychologists and psychiatrists, when needed
- Weight management and smoking cessation
- An on-site lab and a full range of in-house diagnostic testing
- “Early bird” walk-in appointments for established patients from 8-9 a.m. Monday through Thursday
- An on-site support team that includes respiratory therapists, registered dieticians and certified asthma educators
- Medical interpreters for patients who don’t speak English
- Child and Teen Life Specialists to help teens understand and cope with treatment
- All the resources of one of the state’s largest academic medical centers
- Patient Family Centered Care
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our adolescent medicine team.