Comprehensive Infectious Disease Care for Children in Augusta, Georgia
The physicians in the Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Children’s Hospital of Georgia in Augusta, diagnose, treat and prevent infections in children from newborns to age 18. Care is delivered in a pleasant environment designed especially for children.
Children's Hospital of Georgia's Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Features:
- Consultations with board-certified pediatric infectious disease physicians who work closely with the child’s referring physician
- Consultative advice for patients experiencing reactions to immunizations, child-care related infections, and children with positive PPD skin tests for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
- Care for fever of unknown origin; recurrent, severe or drug-resistant infections; bone, joint and deep tissues infections; pneumonia; meningitis and other suspected or known infections or diseases
- The region’s only pediatric HIV program that helps children manage congenital or acquired HIV from birth to age 18 through medications and other therapies. The program includes DNA testing, management of antiviral medications and easy referrals to other pediatric specialists as needed.
- Access to registered dieticians, psychologists, social workers and Child Life Specialists who help children understand and cope with care
- A pediatric travel clinic for children traveling abroad
- Patient Family Centered Care
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) to speak to a member of our pediatric infectious disease team.