Certified Teachers to Help Your Child Avoid Absences and Make-Up Work
If you’re child is hospitalized, you’ll want to make sure they continue with their schoolwork as much as possible. Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Children's Hospital of Georgia staffs educational coordinators who:
- Are certified to teach K-12 grade
- Have access to textbooks in Richmond and Columbia counties and communicate with teachers in other areas
- Use supplementary teaching materials if home school texts and assignments are unavailable
- Work with children who stay in the hospital three days or longer and serve as a liaison between the child and his or her teacher
- Avoid educational gaps by arranging for homebound teaching, if needed
Teachers work during the traditional school year. One hour of work with our teachers equals a full day and helps you child avoid absences.
For more information on the School Services Program, call 706-721-5503.