About Cancer Center
As the area’s only dedicated outpatient adult cancer treatment center, the Cancer Center offers quick and easy access to multidisciplinary teams of medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, psychologists and other caregivers from one central location equipped with leading-edge technology.
Diagnosing and Treating Virtually Every Type and Stage of Cancer
The Center’s physicians and staff members offer the following services:
- Brain cancer. Neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, radiation oncologists and other caregivers deliver responsive, coordinated care for tumors of the brain or spinal column or neurological complications of cancer. They rely on advanced diagnostic equipment, including single photon computed tomography (SPECT) and stereotactic biopsy, to diagnose tumors in hard-to-reach areas of the brain. Surgical options include traditional surgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for inoperable tumors.
- Breast cancer. Georgia Regents Medical Center’s dedicated Breast Health Center’s treatment teams include oncologists, breast radiologists and breast and reconstructive surgeons. The Center also offers a certified breast health navigator and a weekly clinic for women who’ve had suspicious test results. Treatments include the OncoType DX test to determine whether women will benefit from chemotherapy, genetic counseling and breast reconstructive microsurgery, which does not require muscle tissue.
- Colorectal cancer. Colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists work together to deliver a full range of screening options, genetic testing and advanced surgical solutions, including minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries to remove tumors through small incisions.
- GYN cancers. Renowned GYN oncologists offer traditional surgeries and minimally invasive Da Vinci robotic hysterectomies. The center also sponsors the area’s only GYN Cancer Prevention Program for women who’ve had abnormal Pap smears.
- Head and neck cancers. The multidisciplinary Head and Neck Tumor Board offers the latest surgical and reconstructive therapies, including thyroidectomy under local anesthesia, Da Vinci robotic thyroidectomy to prevent neck scars, parathyroidectomy through a facelift incision that helps hide the scar, endoscopic surgeries for many types of tumors, laser surgery, brachytherapy and computerized three-dimensional radiotherapy planning.
- Prostate cancer. The Center offers the most advanced treatment options for prostate cancers of any hospital in the area. These includes radical prostatectomy, transurethral resection of the prostate, cryosurgery and external and internal radiation therapy.
- Skin cancers. The Center’s dermatologists, surgical oncologists, Mohs surgeon, dermatological pathologist, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists work as a team to prevent, diagnose and treat basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma.
- Comprehensive care for many other types of cancer.
- Close coordination with Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Sickle Cell Program.