A Comprehensive Breast Health Program and Breast Cancer Care
If you’re like many women, you may have a real fear of breast cancer. After all, one in eight women in the United States will experience breast cancer at some time in her life.
But here’s the good news. With regular screenings and early detection, most cases of breast cancer can be successfully treated. Georgia Regents Medical Center’s Comprehensive Breast Health Program offers everything needed to monitor your breast health, diagnose cancer and deliver state-of-the-art care and surgery.
Although most breast problems are not cancerous, they should all be examined. If you experience a change in your breasts, call the Breast Health Center at 706-721-4109.
The Breast Health Center offers:
- Quick access to skilled surgeons who will exam you and recommend the next steps in the diagnostic and treatment processes
- Screening and diagnostic tests including mammography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRIs) and Ultrasound
- MRI-guided biopsy of the breast, when lesions can’t be detected on mammograms or ultrasound
- Stereotactic or ultrasound-guided biopsy, when needed. These tests are performed in the mammography suite instead of the hospital operating room and can usually be done the same day of the mammogram.
- A Certified Breast Health Navigator who will coordinate your care, education and support
- Genetic counseling and testing for breast and ovarian cancer
- Second opinions
- Coordinated, multidisciplinary breast cancer care
To schedule an appointment for a screening mammogram, call 706-721-CARE (2273) now.
If you detect a change in your breast or wish to speak to our Breast Health Navigator, call 706-721-4109.