Specialized Care and Management of Asthma, Other Allergic Disorders, and Immunologic Problems
If you have patients who struggle with asthma, other allergic disorders, possible immunodeficiency, or other immunologic diseases, they may need specialized care, education and support. Georgia Regents Medical Center Georgia Regents Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology program offers all that and more, including:
- Physicians who are board certified in allergy-immunology, including William Dolen, MD and Betty Wray, MD, past presidents of the American College of Georgia Regents Allergy and Immunology.
- In-house pulmonary function testing labs for adults and children, offering spirometry, lung volume measurement, exhaled nitric oxide measurement, bronchial provocation testing (methacholine and exercise), and other lung function tests.
- Allergy testing for pollens, fungi, pets, indoor allergens, foods, drugs and insect venoms. Challenge testing for certain types of allergens.
- Immunodeficiency evaluations and management
- Allergen immunotherapy, and emergency drug desensitization
- Flexible fiberoptic rhinolaryngoscopy for examination of the upper airway
- Adult and pediatric asthma educators, respiratory therapists, registered dieticians and medical social workers
- Close coordination of care and communication with the patient’s primary care physician, and other specialists, including pulmonologists and otolaryngologists.
- Diagnosis and care for patients with eosinophilic esophagitis in coordination with adult and pediatric gastroenterologists
- Diagnosis and care for atopic dermatitis and other skin conditions that may be caused by allergy, in coordination with dermatologists
- A patient educator to help adults and children with asthma and other allergic diseases develop and follow individual care plans
- 24/7 access to an on-call physician
- Child Life Specialists to help children understand and cope with forms of testing and care that may be worrisome to the child.
Our physicians will see your patients promptly, submit timely and thorough consultation reports on their findings, and keep you updated on their progress.
To send a patient for consultation to Georgia Regents Allergy and Immunology, call 706-721-2390 or FAX 706-721-1459.