Awards and Recognition
If the latest news about health care reform has you puzzled about where to receive the best health care, take a closer look at Georgia Regents Medical Center. As a national pioneer of Patient- and Family-Centered Care, Georgia Regents Medical Center has been at the forefront of health care reform since the early 90s, and we’re still being recognized for our accomplishments today.
Here are some of our most recent highlights:
- 14 physicians named "America’s Top Doctors,” the top 1 percent in the nation.
- Gold Standard Cancer Certification and American Heart Association Gold Level Fit-Friendly workplace.
- Children' s Hospital of Georgia was the top performing hospital in the nation in 2014 in quality and safety in the University HealthSystem Consortium.
- Children’s Hospital of Georgia’s ECMO program recognized for the fifth consecutive time with an international Award for Excellence in Life Support from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. The ELSO Award is recognized by U.S. News and World Report and Parents magazine as criteria for top pediatric hospitals.
- Caregiver Action Network named Georgia Regents Medical Center to the Nation’s 25 Best Practices in Patient and Family Engagement. Only nine U.S. hospital systems were recognized, and the medical center was the only one in Georgia.
- Georgia Regents Medical Center has earned a statewide award for enhancing cardiac care from the Partnership for Health and Accountability, an affiliate of the Georgia Hospital Association, for successfully managing blood sugar levels in heart surgery patients.
- Georgia Regents Medical Center – the first hospital in the Peach State to achieve Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center designation from the Joint Commission – was recently reaccredited and remains the only such center outside Atlanta in Georgia.
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation & Specialty Hospitals has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® by demonstrating compliance with national standards for health care quality and safety in patient care. The Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital earned gold for stroke care, and the Roosevelt Long Term Acute Care Hospital for wound care.
- Gold Standard Cancer Certification
- Josh Nahum Award for Patient Safety for central line-associated bloodstream infection prevention program
- LifeLink of Georgia Gold Award for organ, eye, and tissue donation and registration efforts through the Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Campaign.