Targeted Head and Neck Cancer Therapy and Treatments at Georgia Regents Medical Center
The head and neck cancer team at Cancer Center in Augusta, GA holds weekly meetings so cancer patients in the Georgia, South Carolina and the Southeast can generally be evaluated by a head and neck surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, oral surgeon and speech pathologist in one day and place.
Following these evaluations, the head and neck cancer team reviews test results and designs a plan of targeted therapy and care. Later that day, the team reconvenes with the cancer patient to discuss care and schedule head and neck cancer treatments to best suit the patient’s needs.
The team also offers:
- The latest surgical and reconstructive therapies, including thyroidectomy under local anesthesia and parotidectomy through a facelift incision that helps hide the scar
- Endoscopic surgeries for many types of tumors
- Laser surgery
- Brachytherapy, or radioactive seeds inserted into tumors for targeted therapy
- Computerized three-dimensional radiotherapy planning
- Individualize chemotherapy for head and neck cancer
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- A tobacco-cessation program
- Access to head and neck cancer clinic trials, including Phase I Trials not available at other area hospitals in Georgia or South Carolina
- Patient Family Centered Care
Schedule an online appointment now or call 706/721-CARE (2273) or 800-736-CARE (2273) to speak to an attendant.