A Full Range of Care and Surgery for Thyroid Problems and Parathyroid Problems in Augusta, Georgia
Many thyroid or parathyroid problems can be resolved with non-surgical care such as medications or radioactive iodine therapy.
When surgery is needed, the Thyroid and Parathyroid Center in Augusta, GA offers renowned and experienced otolaryngologists who perform approximately 1,000 thyroid surgeries or parathyroid surgeries each year.
Having an experienced surgeon is important because the many small nerves within the neck make thyroid and parathyroid surgeries highly complex.
Traditional, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid Surgery and Parathyroid Surgery
Whenever possible, these surgeons offer minimally invasive thyroid surgery options to minimize scarring, avoid hospitalizations and speed recoveries.
In fact, the center’s Surgical Director David Terris, M.D., helped pioneer many minimally invasive and endoscopic thyroid surgeries. The center offers the following surgical procedures:
- Thyroidectomy to remove the entire thyroid gland
- Lobectomy to remove only one lobe of the thyroid
- Parathyroidectomy to remove one or more of the parathyroid glands (Parathyroid hormone monitoring is done during surgery.)
- Outpatient surgery
- Neck Dissection, when necessary, to remove lymph nodes and other structures in the head and neck that are cancerous
- Robotic Facelift Thyroidectomy. This is done through a facelift incision. Therefore there are no scars on the neck.
- Laryngeal Nerve Monitoring to monitor the nerve to the voice box and minimize the chance of injury to it during surgery
Don’t let thyroid problems or parathyroid problems undermine your health. Call Thyroid and Parathyroid Center at 706-721-4400 for more information or schedule an appointment online.