Physical Therapy Designed Just for Kids
The physical therapists at Children’s Hospital of Georgia help patients, parents and families focus on mutually agreed-upon goals to encourage healing, independence and function at home and in school. The physical therapy program offers:
- A team of licensed physical therapists who specialize in caring for children and work in conjunction with pediatric orthopedic surgeons and other pediatric specialists
- Therapy for children with burns, developmental delays, diabetes, genetic disorders, neuromuscular or orthopedic conditions, sports injuries, decreased mobility and other conditions
- A dedicated pediatric rehabilitation center designed and equipped especially for children
- Therapies such as stretching, strengthening and aerobic exercise, thermal treatments, aquatic therapy, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization and other modalities
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Hand, amputee, multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, and brachial plexus clinics
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Orthotics or braces
- Patient and family education and home programs
- Patient Family Centered Care
Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-KIDS (5437) or toll free at 888-721-KIDS (5437) for more information or to speak to a member of our care team.
Pediatric Rehabilitative Services is located on the 2nd floor of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia on Harper Street.