Innovative Care for Swallowing Disorders at our State-of-the-art Dysphagia Clinic
Dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing, makes it hard for many people to get the nourishment they need. The condition can be caused by a number of factors, but it is more common in older adults.
The staff at our multidisciplinary Dysphagia Clinic will identify the cause of your problems and design a customized treatment plan for you.
The clinic offers:
- A multidisciplinary team of physicians that includes gastroenterologists, otolaryngologists and gastrointestinal and thoracic surgeons who offer comprehensive diagnosis and care for swallowing disorders
- A broad range of diagnostic tests, including high resolution and high definition 3-D manometry, impedance manometry and 24 and 48 hours pH studies to identify the underlying cause of your problem
- Tests for non-cardiac chest pain, such as esophageal balloon distention test
- Esophagrams, or contrast x-rays of the esophagus
In addition, we offer a full range of medical and surgical care, including:
- Medications and medical management
- Nutritional support from registered dieticians
- Botulinum Toxin injections to relax muscles in the esophagus
- Swallowing therapy
- Endoscopic balloon dilation, to gently stretch and expand the esophagus
- Laparoscopic and other surgeries
- Feeding tubes
Don’t let swallowing problems undermine your health. Request an online appointment now or call 706-721-9522 to arrange a quick, convenient appointment.